Antenatal Screening Kit E-Team part of $24 million global health innovation project
An NCIIA grantee, the Antenatal Screening Kit team from Johns Hopkins University, will be part of a five year program to address global health challenges through affordable technologies.
Jhpiego, a global health nonprofit organization affiliated with Johns Hopkins, will lead a $24.9 million effort to expand its array of simple inexpensive lifesaving technologies to address today’s global health challenges.
In 2010 the Antenatal Screening Kit team received a $16,000 E-Team grant to develop a simple self-screening test for diseases such as pre-eclampsia/eclampsia, the second-leading cause of maternal deaths worldwide.
More about the team:
- Antenatal team wins inaugural ABC/Duke Reinventing Maternal Health Challenge! (April 2011)
- The team presented at Open Minds 2011
- Innovation News Daily (March 2011)
- Coverage in JHU Gazette (May 2011)
- Coverage in Smart Planet (May 2011)
- Antenatal team a Popular Science 'invention of the year'!
- About NCIIA
- Open 2013
- NCIIA news
- Meet our grantees
- Funders and partners
- Become a member
- Contact NCIIA